We love our husbands and we are called to encourage and build them up. “Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11) Our husbands are better men when we their wives treat them with respect and give them encouragement. When we take the time to build them up and love them for who they are, they can be who God has called them to be. Today, I’m sharing 5 sure ways to bless your husband.
1. Pray for him. This is a powerful one. I cannot stress the importance of lifting up your husband daily. (Free printable) Making time to pray over him really will make a huge difference in his life. My husband will ask me to pray for specific needs he has during the day because he knows I do and will pray for him. Wives, be proactive for your husband’s spiritual, emotional and physical needs. Pray for him! “The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.” (James 5:16)
2. Listen to him. It can be disappointing when you are sharing something and the person listening isn’t really listening. One might feel unimportant. We wives need to make every effort to listen when our husbands are sharing their stories or thoughts. Make eye contact and focus on his words. In doing this, he will know you truly care about what he has to say. Plus, you will be able to give an informed answer and not just an “uh huh, sure.”
3. Encourage him. Our husbands need to be reminded they are worthy and loved. We need to point out their positives and build them up. No one can feel encouraged if someone is constantly pointing out the uglies about themselves. We are all have faults but what a difference it makes when we don’t focus on them. We need strive to focus on the best of our husbands. “But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called “today,” that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.” (Hebrews 3:13)
4. Talk good about him. We should never talk negatively about our husbands in front of others. Honestly, why would we want to make our husbands look bad? For me, I want people to see my Love in a positive light, always. This includes in the home. We shouldn’t ever put our husbands down in front of the children. “A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver.” (Proverbs 25:11)
5. Hug and kiss him. Probably the easiest directive here. We love our husbands then let’s show them that love by hugging and kissing them often. These simple forms of physical affection can convey so much to our husbands. It shows them how much we love them not only for what they do but for who they are in our lives. Plus, hugging and kissing will encourage closeness and oneness in a marriage.
What other ways do you bless your husband?