Each and every morning we can have a hand at making it a good one. Never knowing what the day will hold, I think its so important to start it off right. So, here are five sure ways to a good morning.
1. Read your Bible/Pray. Always, always, always! Grab your bible and read the Scriptures. Embrace the Word first thing. Fill your heart and mind with the best medicine for a good morning. Then, finish it with prayer. Praise Him, thank Him, and lay your concerns out before Him. Make it a sweet time of conversation with the Lord.
2. Get adequate rest. I can’t stress the importance of getting a good night’s rest to encourage a good morning start to your day. Lack of sleep will encourages irritability, impatience, inability to concentrate and moodiness. (Source) You will also feel tired and lack energy to get your agenda done.
3. Exercise. Get those endorphins going. It’s nature’s best happy drug. Exercise will leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. Even a 20 minute walk is so good for your mood and attitude. Bonus: You will feel good about doing something good for your health and that is a great way to start your day.
4. Eat breakfast. An hungry stomach will just work against you causing you to begin your day running on empty. You will feel blah and sluggish. A good healthy breakfast will pick your mood up and give you the energy you need to get your day going. Food is a necessary fuel for a good morning.
5. Just choose to! It’s in the attitude. Determine not to let your day start in a sour mood. It will only set the tone for the rest of your day. Make it part of your morning agenda to smile when you first wake up and begin breeding a good morning approach to your day. Be intentional and choose to set in motion a JOY-filled morning to bless you and your family.
Now if your begin your day awakened by unruly children or a crying baby, adjust. Read your bible and pray while feeding the baby. Older children can be read to and prayed with. Teach them the morning habit of being in God’s Word. If you don’t get a good night’s sleep due to being under the weather, a cranky baby or for any reason, still do the other things listed above.
It’s all about being intentional to have a good morning and dictate the beginning of your day in a positive light. It will make all the difference in your attitude and productivity for the day not to to mention bless your family. Who wants to be greeted by a grump first thing in the morning right? Set the tone of your home by doing your best to have a “good morning” start to your day. And by all means give yourself grace if it doesn’t happen. Tomorrow is a new opportunity.
How do you start your day? Do you make an effort to have a good morning?