Maybe you know this about me or not but I love trying knew recipes! Literally, I am trying new recipes weekly. Although we have out tried and true favorites, having something new each week changes it up. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I found this recipe in one of my cookbooks and just had to try it. It was deemed a keeper by the family!
So, I had to share it with you all because my family really enjoyed it. It is easy, tasty and adaptable. Your family will love on you generously for making it! At least I believe they will.
Bananas Foster Snack Mix
- 3 cups Honey Nut Mix
- 3 cups Wheat Chex Mix
- 2-1/4 cups pecan pieces (or halves)
- 1-1/2 cups banana chips
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (or vanilla extract)
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, mix cereals, pecans and banana chips. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, coconut palm sugar and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once after each minute. Stir in extracts. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
2. Cook, uncovered, on high 3 minutes, stirring well after each minute. Spread mixture onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Some notes: If you do not desire to microwave, you could bake in an oven. I have not done this but I, personally, would bake the batch on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. I would watch it closely and stir it at least 2 times and rotate the pan as well. Bake it until it is a bit crunchy and slightly darker in color. Since I have not done it this way, it will be a learn-as-you-go process for you.
Also, any changes you might make to the recipe will result in change in flavor.
This recipe is so easy to do and quick. It makes 2-1/2 quarts and you can double it!!
Now we’ve got our treat in place so let’s get to the link up! Love that you stopped by!
Monday’s Musings Purpose:
To have others share encouragement about being a child of God, being a godly wife, motherhood, homemaking, homeschooling, healthy recipes, modest dress, etc. (I reserve the right to remove anything I deem unacceptable. Keep in mind this is a Christian blog.)
Monday’s Musings Must Dos:
1. Please link directly to the post you’re sharing. Be sure to link back here by using a text link or the logo in the side bar.
2. This link up party stays open until Wednesday evening. Know that sometimes I share your posts on Pinterest, Twitter and/or Facebook because I desire for our readers to be blessed.
3. It would be so awesome if you could encourage another by visiting their post and leaving a kind comment. Builds community, too. Thank you for visiting and linking up. Now, let’s get to sharing. Link following this post. Grab my link button in the side bar and place on your blog so others know about our community and can join in.